What is good my fellow Musicians, Producers, Young Artists, Rappers, Home Studios, Singers, Songwriters, and Beat Makers alike. I am back with yet another resource to challenge your growth.
I don't know about you, but I can get lost sometimes when starting a new song or picking up where I left off. There are several resources out there, but I figured I'd share the song checklist that I use to help me finish songs.
I will go into more detail in your free downloadable guide (link at the bottom) of different techniques I use and why. But first, here's an overview of what you'll need to get started - Plus a Bonus:
- You need to have a great Song - Lyrics that stand out, are different, and memorable.
- You need to have an overview Mindset along with good Arrangement of the song - Intro, Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus, Outro.
- You need to have a good Recording - don't rush this process because you can't fix a bad recording, especially with clipping or bad room acoustics. Keep multiple takes to be able to comp the best versions together in the editing stage.
- You need to Edit things to sit well together in the mix or out of the mix if it's distracting such as breathes or white noise.
- You need to Mix your song - Gain Staging, EQ, Compression, Panning, Reverb, Delays, etc.
- Master your Song - Reference another song with a similar genre, match frequencies, & volume.
- BONUS: Freeze your tracks - this will help you save CPU so after each edit, your computer is running at optimum quality for your song...
Download the guide for more in depth information as well as a reference sheet that will help you along your Song Creation journey:
If you've known me for a while, you will know that I have a passion for empowering, sharing resources and encouraging others to grow in their craft. I believe in the revolution that is changing the music industry and I am personally experiencing this revolution... I want you to be a part of this revolution, so I also offer Coaching and Mixing Services to anyone who wants to improve the sound of their mixes, so they can stand out on the charts as well as grow in their knowledge as a home based artist.
If you're interested in having a coach challenge you along this journey, or you want to improve the mix of your songs, get in touch with me; I will be more than happy to help. I look forward to helping you take your songs to the next level:
I hope you enjoyed and were encouraged by this article. I look forward to working with you. If I should add something, feel free to let me know or comment below. If you think someone could benefit from this information, go ahead and share this article. If you have your own ideas that have been working for you, let me know what they are; I'd love to learn about what you guys are doing. If you have questions, feel free to contact me. What would you like to know next? Let me know in the comments below. Do me a favor, smash that like button, share it, let me know what you guys want to learn next, be nice to someone, and have a great day!